Friday, March 29, 2013

The Journey Begins

Off we go! Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be a stay at home mom. I had aspirations that were out of this world (I literally wanted to work for NASA). Soon after I had gotten married, my eggo was preggo and I saw my life's goals falling into pieces around me. It wasn't long after having our baby Jim that I found myself adjusting into 'mom' hood fairly well. Jim and I found a great routine and I actually enjoyed staying home with him. Now as any parent knows, being home with a babe all day can be chaotic and fun, but it can also be quite monotonous. On many occasions I found myself sipping wine at noon watching 'The Office' on my couch while my little nugget played on the floor. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not an inattentive mother. I made sure he wasn't eating his own poop or playing with the electrical outlets, I just am not the kind of mom who sits on the floor playing with her kid. Even when I did, I found my brain turning to mashed spaghetti and after about 30 minutes I couldn't even remember basic Calculus.

One day after describing my boring, wine drinking life to a very close friend and beautiful mother, I realized that I needed to find ways to be more creative with my child. I needed to open myself up to teaching, playing, and enjoying my son that would still utilize my brain. So here we are, Day 1. Where to begin? I think today we shall try a little baking!

Directions for Banana Muffins + 1 child

  • Ingredients for Banana Muffins
  • One small child in highchair with own spoon and bowl
  • Pour small amount of batter into child's bowl
  • Clean Mess
  • Eat Muffins at Gouter (French snack time)
Live it...Learn it

Check out the next blog for the end result of our baking adventure!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new beginnings! I can't wait to learn more. Welcome to blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just started to read your blog! Awesome and funny! My brain turned to mush the day I had 2 children, instead of the one- but I'll be honest- I've never known basic calculus. I get really excited about the days I sleep more than 4 hours and remember how to spell cow. Can't wait to read more adventures with you and Jim!

    ReplyDelete